The Director of Cultivation is responsible for strategically and technically managing all aspects of PharmaCann’s cultivation operations including site designs, set-up, and execution.
Duties And Responsibilities Or Essential Functions
· Develop and write cultivation SOPs ensuring compliance with State regulations and company policies.
· Design Cultivation facilities and coordinate with construction team to ensure project completion.
· Evaluate new technologies and techniques and implement them at cultivation facilities.
· Develop and set greenhouse and indoor grow facility environmental parameters and program/monitor automated greenhouse control software.
· Hire new Cultivation Managers and train on all aspects of Cultivation.
· Develop production schedules, work schedules and duties for nursery or greenhouse staff.
· Monitor production results regularly with Operations Managers driving team accountability for adherence to standards and product yield and quality, and responsible for addressing any deviation Approve crop-inputs and
supplies for the Grow Areas.
· Develop custom fertilizer recipes to optimize yield, plant health and potency.
· Set and implement integrated pest management strategies in compliance with state and company policy.
· Develop proper sanitation protocols of the Growing Area.
· Identify plant varieties to fit facility and market needs.
· Set propagation, germination and planting schedules for all crops and varieties.
· Coordinate clerical, record keeping, inventory and financial data.
· Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies
· At least 15 years experienced with leadership of a large-scale commercial growing operation in a regulated cannabis program or horticulture operation with similar photoperiod plants
· Master’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or Horticulture strongly desired; bachelor’s degree in related field required
· Leadership skills building teams in a highly collaborative environment
· Experience in developing advanced/custom fertilizer recipes strongly desired
· Experience in integrated pest management (IPM)
· Strong process management skills
· Skilled in working with technical experts
· Skilled in use of ERP, Excel and Database systems
· Skilled in use of horticulture automation systems – Argus, Hortimax or Priva or equivalent