The Facility Manager is responsible for all operational activities within the facility. The Facility Manager ensures standardization of all departments to the corporate center of excellence (COE) initiatives, drives consistent delivery of finished products for our customers through key metrics such as schedule adherence and cycle time, and promotes a culture of continuous improvement where employees and staff are empowered to elicit changes improving the company’s bottom line. This position will report directly to the Michigan state General Manager.
• Accountable for P&L performance for the site.
• Raise the bar with operations management staff by driving key KPIs cross-functionally such as:
• Schedule Adherence
• Cycle Time
• % Yield across the different departments
• Dispensary Acceptance Rate
• Inventory Days on Hand (DOH)
• Lead operational management teams by making data driven decisions that maximize value through support of financial latest estimates (LE), ensure compliance to the corporate COE initiatives, and drive cross-departmental efficiencies.
• Partner with corporate managed counterparts in Quality, Security, Safety, HR and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and quality and HR standards
• Create strategies to improve the efficiencies between Operations and Supply Chain, Sales, IT, Accounting and HR
• Manage the overall welfare of the team through training, coaching, and leading by example
• Address company policy violations and work in conjunction with HR and direct managers to administer disciplinary action
• Approve/deny internal costs and reimbursements; i.e. employee engagement and development, lunches, etc.
• College degree: A. or B.S. from accredited university; MBA a plus
• At least 5-7 years in Operations Management with experience running large cross-functional organizations with production totaling over $100MM annually; union experience a plus
• Demonstrated experience in a warehouse setting, production line environment, GMP/SQF/OSHA/ISO preferred; cannabis industry experience a plus
• Experience leading an organization in a highly regulated environment; medical marijuana experience a plus
• Effective solutions-based attitude and team-focused management style; Strong ability to multitask and work through constant interruption in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated project management coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with Quality, Compliance, Safety, HR, and Security without direct authority
• Proficient in all Office Suites (Google, Microsoft Office) and ability to learn seed-to-sale tracking system