In this role, the VP of Operations Compliance will work within a team of experienced compliance professionals to comprehensively enhance and strengthen our compliance function across multiple disciplines throughout our cultivation facilities, ensuring our operations are consistent with applicable laws, regulations, contractual requirements, reporting, and industry best practices. The VP of Operations Compliance must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards as it relates to the cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing industries, and operate with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
Duties And Responsibilities Or Essential Functions
Core Job Duties
· Partner across cultivation, operations, food and beverage, manufacturing, and related departments to provide direction towards developing and promoting the compliance management strategy, including initiatives for SOPs, audit, training, and overall awareness and conformance with regulations
· Asses organizational systems (both physical and process or data related) i.e. seed to sale bio- tracking to determine gaps in compliance specific to cultivation and determine opportunities for remediation and advise the organization on all cultivation compliance related matters
· Ensure all facilities operate with the same policies and procedures and in full compliance with local, state and federal laws/regulations, including the development and implementation of compliance training for staff across all locations, to ensure adherence across all facilities while promoting legal and ethical conduct
· Monitor changes in applicable laws, regulations, and industry related news or events for all relevant subject matter and complete gap analyses to determine impact, if any, on production processes and procedures and recommend changes as needed
· Develop policies and programs to encourage all employees to report any improprieties without fear of retaliation
· Assist internal departments to develop appropriate strategies and policies for interacting with enforcement and regulatory bodies on a local, state, and federal level in the cultivation environment (including but not limited to audits, reviews, testing, etc.)
· Act as a partner with appropriate channels to evaluate concerns within the organization and ensure appropriate investigations and resolutions.
· Establish and facilitate regular risk assessments to identify potential areas of vulnerability, and develop and delegate corrective action plans to resolve accordingly, in addition to providing guidance to mitigate and prevent future risks
Required Experience, Education And Skills
· 10+ years in-house experience as a regulatory or compliance leader in a heavily regulated production organization, such as cannabis (grow process), hemp, pharmaceutical, manufacturing etc., with a minimum of 5 years leading and developing a team.
· Working knowledge/understanding of regulations within the cannabis industry
· Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining effective compliance programs
· Excellent communication, negotiation, training and presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Strong organizational, project-management and teamwork skills required
· Able to manage multiple projects and work successfully in a fast-paced environment under strict time deadlines
· Ability to analyze issues and use creative problem solving to propose options and recommended course of action
· Ability work to collaboratively with individuals having diverse educational and cultural backgrounds