The Senior Director, Employee Experience leads the strategic development and execution of employee experience and engagement programs. The leader will be responsible for developing a strategy and executing activities to improve engagement across the full employee life cycle with a focus on onboarding and immersion, engagement, recognition and employment brand recognition. Reporting to the VP of Learning and Development, this role will work with teams across all our locations nationwide.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop company’s employee experience roadmap starting from the candidate’s application throughout the employee’s career, focusing on impactful moments through each phase of employment.
- Design and deliver distinctive experiences for employees that are aligned with our core values and culture, listening to employee feedback and using empirical data to shape future experiences.
- Own employee onboarding and immersion strategy, through employees first 90-days of employment focusing on company culture, organizational/industry knowledge and role execution.
- Drive annual engagement survey process, leveraging employee feedback to implement actionable plans, in partnership with leadership, to increase engagement, productivity and retention.
- Partner with leadership to create a strategy around engagement events focused around team-building, celebrations, holidays, wellness, etc.; develop innovative ways to support a positive employee experience in events such as Town Halls, Leadership Roadshow, Department Summits, etc.
- Develop recognition strategy and playbook to motivate achievement of company goals and show appreciation for the contributions of teams/individuals; consider tenure/milestone awards, recognition portal, etc.
- Create strategy to increase employment brand recognition to attract top talent and instill pride/engagement among existing teams.
- Partner with cross-functional departments as new programs, policies, or enhancements, are rolled out, serving as an advocate for the employee experience; provide recommendations as how to impact a positive employee experience through change.
- Lead a national team of regional trainers responsible for both execution of onboarding and immersion programs and support of engagement, recognition and other learning and development initiatives.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, communications or related education.
- 10+ years of applicable employee experience, people operations or human resources leadership experience in a hyper-growth, fast-paced organization.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role with cross functional interaction with C-Suite leaders.
- Previous experience working in an employee engagement function of a high growth company or industry, with experience in onboarding and recognition.
- Comfortable being in a role of high influence, must have strong communication skills, along with a “company/employee first” mentality.
- Experience in establishing and driving change management across an organization.
- Some travel required (<20%).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry